Synonyms of pulse
- 1. pulsation, pulsing, pulse, impulse, wave, undulation
- usage: (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients); "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
- 2. pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"
- 3. pulse, pulse rate, heart rate, vital sign, rate
- usage: the rate at which the heart beats; usually measured to obtain a quick evaluation of a person's health
- 4. pulse, legume
- usage: edible seeds of various pod-bearing plants (peas or beans or lentils etc.)
- 1. pulsate, throb, pulse, beat, pound, thump
- usage: expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- 2. pulse, pulsate, produce, make, create
- usage: produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses; "pulse waves"; "a transmitter pulsed by an electronic tube"
- 3. pulse, move, displace
- usage: drive by or as if by pulsation; "A soft breeze pulsed the air"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of pulse (Dictionary)