Synonyms of quality
- 1. quality, attribute
- usage: an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone; "the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
- 2. quality, caliber, calibre, degree, grade, level
- usage: a degree or grade of excellence or worth; "the quality of students has risen"; "an executive of low caliber"
- 3. quality, character, lineament, property, attribute, dimension
- usage: a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands"
- 4. timbre, timber, quality, tone, sound property
- usage: (music) the distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound); "the timbre of her soprano was rich and lovely"; "the muffled tones of the broken bell summoned them to meet"
- 5. quality, social station, social status, social rank, rank
- usage: high social status; "a man of quality"
- 1. choice, prime(prenominal), prize, quality, select, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
- 2. quality, upper-class (vs. lower-class) (vs. middle-class)
- usage: of high social status; "people of quality"; "a quality family"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of quality (Dictionary)