Synonyms of quickening
- 1. quickening, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process of showing signs of life; "the quickening of seed that will become ripe grain"
- 2. quickening, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the stage of pregnancy at which the mother first feels the movements of the fetus
- 3. acceleration, quickening, speedup, speed, speeding, hurrying
- usage: the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
- 1. accelerate, speed up, speed, quicken, intensify, deepen
- usage: move faster; "The car accelerated"
- 2. whet, quicken, stimulate, excite, stir
- usage: make keen or more acute; "whet my appetite"
- 3. quicken, invigorate, stimulate, excite
- usage: give life or energy to; "The cold water invigorated him"
- 4. quicken, move
- usage: show signs of life; "the fetus quickened"
- 5. animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
All rights reserved.