- 1. race, contest, competition
- usage: any competition; "the race for the presidency"
- 2. race, contest, competition
- usage: a contest of speed; "the race is to the swift"
- 3. race, group, grouping
- usage: people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock; "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- 4. subspecies, race, taxonomic group, taxonomic category, taxon
- usage: (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- 5. slipstream, airstream, race, backwash, wash, flow
- usage: the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- 6. raceway, race, canal
- usage: a canal for a current of water
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
- 2. race, run, compete, vie, contend
- usage: compete in a race; "he is running the Marathon this year"; "let's race and see who gets there first"
- 3. race, act, move
- usage: to work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others; "We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- 4. race, rush, move, displace
- usage: cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
All rights reserved.
See also: race (Dictionary)