WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. raffia, raphia, plant fiber, plant fibre
- usage: leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree; used to make baskets and mats etc.
- 2. raffia, fiber, fibre
- usage: fiber of a raffia palm used as light cordage and in making hats and baskets
- 3. Raffia, genus Raffia, Raphia, genus Raphia, monocot genus, liliopsid genus
- usage: feather palm of tropical Africa and Madagascar and Central and South America widely grown for commercial purposes
All rights reserved.
See also: raffia (Dictionary)