- 1. foray, raid, maraud, penetration, incursion
- usage: a sudden short attack
- 2. raid, embezzlement, peculation, defalcation, misapplication, misappropriation
- usage: an attempt by speculators to defraud investors
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. raid, bust, attack, assail
- usage: search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- 2. foray into, raid, intrude on, invade, obtrude upon, encroach upon
- usage: enter someone else's territory and take spoils; "The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly"
- 3. raid, assume, usurp, seize, take over, arrogate
- usage: take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock; "T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- 4. raid, search
- usage: search for something needed or desired; "Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"
All rights reserved.
See also: raid (Dictionary)