Synonyms of raiding
- 1. raid, bust, attack, assail
- usage: search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- 2. foray into, raid, intrude on, invade, obtrude upon, encroach upon
- usage: enter someone else's territory and take spoils; "The pirates raided the coastal villages regularly"
- 3. raid, assume, usurp, seize, take over, arrogate
- usage: take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock; "T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- 4. raid, search
- usage: search for something needed or desired; "Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"
- 1. marauding, predatory, raiding, offensive (vs. defensive)
- usage: characterized by plundering or pillaging or marauding; "bands of marauding Indians"; "predatory warfare"; "a raiding party"
All rights reserved.