- 1. railway, railroad, railroad line, railway line, railway system, line
- usage: line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a system of transportation for trains that pull passengers or freight
- 2. railroad track, railroad, railway, track
- usage: a line of track providing a runway for wheels; "he walked along the railroad track"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dragoon, sandbag, railroad, coerce, hale, squeeze, pressure, force
- usage: compel by coercion, threats, or crude means; "They sandbagged him to make dinner for everyone"
- 2. railroad, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply with railroad lines; "railroad the West"
- 3. railroad, transport, send, ship
- usage: transport by railroad
All rights reserved.
See also: railroad (Dictionary)