- 1. rain, rainfall, precipitation, downfall
- usage: water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
- 2. rain, rainwater, fresh water, freshwater
- usage: drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
- 3. rain, pelting, sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession
- usage: anything happening rapidly or in quick successive; "a rain of bullets"; "a pelting of insults"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rain, rain down, precipitate, come down, fall
- usage: precipitate as rain; "If it rains much more, we can expect some flooding"
All rights reserved.
See also: rain (Dictionary)