- 1. rake, rakehell, profligate, rip, blood, roue, libertine, debauchee, rounder
- usage: a dissolute man in fashionable society
- 2. pitch, rake, slant, gradient, slope
- usage: degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
- 3. rake, tool
- usage: a long-handled tool with a row of teeth at its head; used to move leaves or loosen soil
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rake, move, displace
- usage: move through with or as if with a rake; "She raked her fingers through her hair"
- 2. rake, smooth, smoothen
- usage: level or smooth with a rake; "rake gravel"
- 3. rake, sweep
- usage: sweep the length of; "The gunfire raked the coast"
- 4. scan, skim, rake, glance over, run down, examine, see
- usage: examine hastily; "She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi"
- 5. rake, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather with a rake; "rake leaves"
- 6. graze, crease, rake, brush
- usage: scrape gently; "graze the skin"
All rights reserved.
See also: rake (Dictionary)