Synonyms of rambling
- 1. ramble on, ramble, jog, continue, go on, carry on, proceed
- usage: continue talking or writing in a desultory manner; "This novel rambles on and jogs"
- 2. roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
- 1. sprawling, straggling, rambling, straggly, untidy (vs. tidy)
- usage: spreading out in different directions; "sprawling handwriting"; "straggling branches"; "straggly hair"
- 2. digressive, discursive, excursive, rambling, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: (of e.g. speech and writing) tending to depart from the main point or cover a wide range of subjects; "amusingly digressive with satirical thrusts at women's fashions among other things"; "a rambling discursive book"; "his excursive remarks"; "a rambling speech about this and that"
- 3. meandering(prenominal), rambling, wandering(prenominal), winding, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: of a path e.g.; "meandering streams"; "rambling forest paths"; "the river followed its wandering course"; "a winding country road"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rambling (Dictionary)