- 1. ration, fare
- usage: the food allowance for one day (especially for service personnel); "the rations should be nutritionally balanced"
- 2. ration, share, portion, part, percentage
- usage: a fixed portion that is allotted (especially in times of scarcity)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ration, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: restrict the consumption of a relatively scarce commodity, as during war; "Bread was rationed during the siege of the city"
- 2. ration, ration out, allocate, apportion
- usage: distribute in rations, as in the army; "Cigarettes are rationed"
All rights reserved.
See also: ration (Dictionary)