Synonyms of rattling
- 1. rattle, rattling, rale, noise
- usage: a rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders); "the death rattle"
- 1. rattle, sound, go
- usage: make short successive sounds
- 2. rattle, shake, agitate
- usage: shake and cause to make a rattling noise
- 1. fantastic, grand, howling(prenominal), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(prenominal), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
- 2. alert, brisk, lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy, energetic (vs. lethargic)
- usage: quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze"
- 1. very, really, real, rattling
- usage: used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal; "she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; "I'm real sorry about it"; "a rattling good yarn"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rattling (Dictionary)