WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rhenium, Re, atomic number 75, metallic element, metal
- usage: a rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys; is obtained as a by-product in refining molybdenum
- 2. Ra, Re
- usage: ancient Egyptian sun god with the head of a hawk; a universal creator; he merged with the god Amen as Amen-Ra to become the king of the gods
- 3. re, ray, solfa syllable
- usage: the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
All rights reserved.
See also: re (Dictionary)