Synonyms of reaction
- 1. chemical reaction, reaction, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: (chemistry) a process in which one or more substances are changed into others; "there was a chemical reaction of the lime with the ground water"
- 2. reaction, idea, thought
- usage: an idea evoked by some experience; "his reaction to the news was to start planning what to do"
- 3. reaction, response, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent; "a bad reaction to the medicine"; "his responses have slowed with age"
- 4. reaction, force
- usage: (mechanics) the equal and opposite force that is produced when any force is applied to a body; "every action has an equal and opposite reaction"
- 5. reaction, response
- usage: a response that reveals a person's feelings or attitude; "he was pleased by the audience's reaction to his performance"; "John feared his mother's reaction when she saw the broken lamp"
- 6. reaction, conservatism, conservativism
- usage: extreme conservatism in political or social matters; "the forces of reaction carried the election"
- 7. reaction, resistance, opposition
- usage: doing something in opposition to another way of doing it that you don't like; "his style of painting was a reaction against cubism"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of reaction (Dictionary)