Synonyms of ready
- 1. ready, readiness, preparedness, preparation
- usage: poised for action; "their guns were at the ready"
- 1. cook, fix, ready, make, prepare, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- 2. fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set, change, alter, modify
- usage: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
- 1. ready (vs. unready), at the ready(predicate), fit(predicate), primed(predicate), set(predicate), in order, prompt, ripe(predicate), waiting, ready and waiting(predicate), prepared, willing
- usage: completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress; "get ready"; "she is ready to resign"; "the bridge is ready to collapse"; "I am ready to work"; "ready for action"; "ready for use"; "the soup will be ready in a minute"; "ready to learn to read"
- 2. ready(prenominal), available (vs. unavailable)
- usage: (of especially money) immediately available; "he seems to have ample ready money"; "a ready source of cash"
- 3. ready, willing (vs. unwilling)
- usage: mentally disposed; "he was ready to believe her"
- 4. ready, prepared (vs. unprepared)
- usage: made suitable and available for immediate use; "dinner is ready"
- 5. quick, ready, intelligent (vs. unintelligent)
- usage: apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity; "a quick mind"; "a ready wit"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ready (Dictionary)