WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. realistic (vs. unrealistic), down-to-earth, earthy, hardheaded, hard-nosed, practical, pragmatic, graphic, lifelike, pictorial, vivid, living, true-to-life(prenominal), true to life(predicate), veridical, real, virtual(prenominal), practical(prenominal), possible, practical, real#1, existent
- usage: aware or expressing awareness of things as they really are; "a realistic description"; "a realistic view of the possibilities"; "a realistic appraisal of our chances"; "the actors tried to create a realistic portrayal of the Africans"
- 2. naturalistic, realistic, representational (vs. nonrepresentational)
- usage: representing what is real; not abstract or ideal; "realistic portraiture"; "a realistic novel"; "in naturalistic colors"; "the school of naturalistic writers"
- 3. realistic
- usage: of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of realism; "a realistic system of thought"
All rights reserved.
See also: realistic (Dictionary)