- 1. rearward, rear, backside, back end
- usage: direction toward the rear; "his outfit marched to the rearward of the tank divisions"
- 1. rear(prenominal), rearward(prenominal), back(prenominal) (vs. front)
- usage: located in or toward the back or rear; "the chair's rear legs"; "the rear door of the plane"; "on the rearward side"
- 2. rearward, reverse, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: directed or moving toward the rear; "a rearward glance"; "a rearward movement"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. back, backward, backwards, rearward, rearwards
- usage: at or to or toward the back or rear; "he moved back"; "tripped when he stepped backward"; "she looked rearward out the window of the car"
All rights reserved.
See also: rearward (Dictionary)