- 1. reason, reason out, conclude, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion; "We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
- 2. argue, reason, present, represent, lay out
- usage: present reasons and arguments
- 3. reason, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: think logically; "The children must learn to reason"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reasoned, sound, well-grounded, valid (vs. invalid)
- usage: logically valid; "a sound argument"
All rights reserved.
See also: reasoned (Dictionary)