- 1. rebuff, slight, discourtesy, offense, offence, offensive activity
- usage: a deliberate discourteous act (usually as an expression of anger or disapproval)
- 2. rebuff, snub, repulse, rejection
- usage: an instance of driving away or warding off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rebuff, snub, repel, reject, spurn, freeze off, scorn, pooh-pooh, disdain, turn down
- usage: reject outright and bluntly; "She snubbed his proposal"
- 2. repel, repulse, fight off, rebuff, drive back, fight, oppose, fight back, fight down, defend
- usage: force or drive back; "repel the attacker"; "fight off the onslaught"; "rebuff the attack"
All rights reserved.
See also: rebuff (Dictionary)