WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. palingenesis, recapitulation, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: emergence during embryonic development of various characters or structures that appeared during the evolutionary history of the strain or species
- 2. recapitulation, section, subdivision
- usage: (music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) in which musical themes that were introduced earlier are repeated
- 3. recapitulation, recap, review, capitulation
- usage: a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion
- 4. recapitulation, composing, composition
- usage: (music) the repetition of themes introduced earlier (especially when one is composing the final part of a movement)
All rights reserved.
See also: recapitulation (Dictionary)