Synonyms of receding
- 1. receding, fadeout, disappearance
- usage: a slow or gradual disappearance
- 2. receding, recession, withdrawal
- usage: the act of becoming more distant
- 1. withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
- 2. fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede, regress, retrograde, retrogress
- usage: retreat
- 3. recede, change
- usage: become faint or more distant; "the unhappy memories of her childhood receded as she grew older"
- 1. receding(prenominal), backward (vs. forward)
- usage: (of a hairline e.g.) moving slowly back
All rights reserved.