WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. receiver, receiving system, set
- usage: set that receives radio or tv signals
- 2. liquidator, receiver, fiduciary
- usage: (law) a person (usually appointed by a court of law) who liquidates assets or preserves them for the benefit of affected parties
- 3. telephone receiver, receiver, earphone, earpiece, headphone, phone
- usage: earphone that converts electrical signals into sounds
- 4. recipient, receiver, acquirer
- usage: a person who receives something
- 5. receiver, tennis player
- usage: the tennis player who receives the serve
- 6. receiver, pass receiver, pass catcher, football player, footballer
- usage: a football player who catches (or is supposed to catch) a forward pass
All rights reserved.
See also: receiver (Dictionary)