WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recession, economic condition
- usage: the state of the economy declines; a widespread decline in the GDP and employment and trade lasting from six months to a year
- 2. recess, recession, niche, corner, concave shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
- usage: a small concavity
- 3. recession, recessional, procession
- usage: the withdrawal of the clergy and choir from the chancel to the vestry at the end of a church service
- 4. recession, ceding back, cession, ceding
- usage: the act of ceding back
- 5. receding, recession, withdrawal
- usage: the act of becoming more distant
All rights reserved.
See also: recession (Dictionary)