WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. narration, recital, yarn, report, account
- usage: the act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events; "his narration was hesitant"
- 2. recital, performance, public presentation
- usage: performance of music or dance especially by soloists
- 3. recitation, recital, reading, public speaking, speechmaking, speaking, oral presentation
- usage: a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance; "the program included songs and recitations of well-loved poems"
- 4. recital, statement
- usage: a detailed statement giving facts and figures; "his wife gave a recital of his infidelities"
- 5. recital, history, account, chronicle, story
- usage: a detailed account or description of something; "he was forced to listen to a recital of his many shortcomings"
All rights reserved.
See also: recital (Dictionary)