WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. recitation, matter
- usage: written matter that is recited from memory
- 2. recitation, recital, reading, public speaking, speechmaking, speaking, oral presentation
- usage: a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance; "the program included songs and recitations of well-loved poems"
- 3. course session, class period, recitation, session
- usage: a regularly scheduled session as part of a course of study
- 4. exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation, training, preparation, grooming
- usage: systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
All rights reserved.
See also: recitation (Dictionary)