WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Reconstruction, Reconstruction Period
- usage: the period after the American Civil War when the southern states were reorganized and reintegrated into the Union; 1865-1877
- 2. reconstruction, repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation
- usage: the activity of constructing something again
- 3. reconstruction, interpretation
- usage: an interpretation formed by piecing together bits of evidence
- 4. reconstruction, reconstructive memory, recall, recollection, reminiscence
- usage: recall that is hypothesized to work by storing abstract features which are then used to construct the memory during recall
All rights reserved.
See also: reconstruction (Dictionary)