- 1. recording, signal, signaling, sign
- usage: a signal that encodes something (e.g., picture or sound) that has been recorded
- 2. recording, transcription, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of making a record (especially an audio record); "she watched the recording from a sound-proof booth"
- 3. recording, memory device, storage device
- usage: a storage device on which information (sounds or images) have been recorded
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. record, enter, put down, save, preserve
- usage: make a record of; set down in permanent form
- 2. record, tape, record, enter, put down
- usage: register electronically; "They recorded her singing"
- 3. read, register, show, record, indicate
- usage: indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
- 4. record, register
- usage: be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
- 5. commemorate, memorialize, memorialise, immortalize, immortalise, record, remind
- usage: be or provide a memorial to a person or an event; "This sculpture commemorates the victims of the concentration camps"; "We memorialized the Dead"
All rights reserved.
See also: recording (Dictionary)