- 1. referee, ref, official
- usage: (sports) the chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play
- 2. reviewer, referee, reader, critic
- usage: someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
- 3. referee, lawyer, attorney
- usage: an attorney appointed by a court to investigate and report on a case
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. referee, umpire, judge
- usage: be a referee or umpire in a sports competition
- 2. referee, peer review, review, critique
- usage: evaluate professionally a colleague's work
All rights reserved.
See also: referee (Dictionary)