Synonyms of refined
- 1. polish, refine, fine-tune, down, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve or perfect by pruning or polishing; "refine one's style of writing"
- 2. complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern"
- 3. refine, process, treat
- usage: treat or prepare so as to put in a usable condition; "refine paper stock"; "refine pig iron"; "refine oil"
- 4. refine, rectify, purify, sublimate, make pure, distill
- usage: reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities; "refine sugar"
- 5. refine, attenuate
- usage: attenuate or reduce in vigor, strength, or validity by polishing or purifying; "many valuable nutrients are refined out of the foods in our modern diet"
- 6. refine, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more precise or increase the discriminatory powers of; "refine a method of analysis"; "refine the constant in the equation"
- 1. refined (vs. unrefined), civilized, civilised, cultivated, cultured, genteel, polite, couth, dainty, mincing, niminy-piminy, prim, twee, debonair, debonaire, debonnaire, suave, finespun, delicate, gentlemanlike, gentlemanly, ladylike, patrician, overrefined, superfine, well-bred, well-mannered, civilized#1, civilised, elegant, fastidious, gracious, polished
- usage: (used of persons and their behavior) cultivated and genteel; "she was delicate and refined and unused to hardship"; "refined people with refined taste"
- 2. refined (vs. unrefined), processed
- usage: freed from impurities by processing; "refined sugar"; "refined oil"; "to gild refined gold"- Shakespeare
- 3. polished, refined, svelte, urbane, sophisticated (vs. naive)
- usage: showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience; "his polished manner"; "maintained an urbane tone in his letters"
- 4. elegant, graceful, refined, gracious (vs. ungracious)
- usage: suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- 5. neat, refined, tasteful, elegant (vs. inelegant)
- usage: free from what is tawdry or unbecoming; "a neat style"; "a neat set of rules"; "she hated to have her neat plans upset"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of refined (Dictionary)