WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brooding, broody, contemplative, meditative, musing, pensive, pondering, reflective, ruminative, thoughtful (vs. thoughtless)
- usage: deeply or seriously thoughtful; "Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the 'Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man";
- 2. reflective (vs. nonreflective), mirrorlike, specular, reflecting
- usage: capable of physically reflecting light or sound; "a reflective surface"
- 3. reflective, intellectual (vs. nonintellectual)
- usage: devoted to matters of the mind; "the reflective type"
All rights reserved.
See also: reflective (Dictionary)