WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reformation, improvement, melioration
- usage: improvement (or an intended improvement) in the existing form or condition of institutions or practices etc.; intended to make a striking change for the better in social or political or religious affairs
- 2. Reformation, Protestant Reformation, religious movement
- usage: a religious movement of the 16th century that began as an attempt to reform the Roman Catholic Church and resulted in the creation of Protestant churches
- 3. reclamation, reformation, rescue, deliverance, delivery, saving
- usage: rescuing from error and returning to a rightful course; "the reclamation of delinquent children"
All rights reserved.
See also: reformation (Dictionary)