- 1. furnace lining, refractory, lining, liner
- usage: lining consisting of material with a high melting point; used to line the inside walls of a furnace
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. refractory, stubborn, intractable (vs. tractable)
- usage: not responding to treatment; "a stubborn infection"; "a refractory case of acne"; "stubborn rust stains"
- 2. refractory, unresponsive (vs. responsive)
- usage: temporarily unresponsive or not fully responsive to nervous or sexual stimuli; "the refractory period of a muscle fiber"
- 3. fractious, refractory, recalcitrant, disobedient (vs. obedient)
- usage: stubbornly resistant to authority or control; "a fractious animal that would not submit to the harness"; "a refractory child"
All rights reserved.
See also: refractory (Dictionary)