- 1. garbage, refuse, food waste, scraps, waste, waste material, waste matter, waste product
- usage: food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. refuse, decline, react, respond
- usage: show unwillingness towards; "he declined to join the group on a hike"
- 2. refuse, reject, pass up, turn down, decline
- usage: refuse to accept; "He refused my offer of hospitality"
- 3. defy, resist, refuse, elude, escape
- usage: elude, especially in a baffling way; "This behavior defies explanation"
- 4. deny, refuse, keep, hold on
- usage: refuse to let have; "She denies me every pleasure"; "he denies her her weekly allowance"
- 5. resist, reject, refuse, react, respond
- usage: resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ; "His body rejected the liver of the donor"
- 6. reject, turn down, turn away, refuse
- usage: refuse entrance or membership; "They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
All rights reserved.
See also: refuse (Dictionary)