- 1. register, record, enter, put down
- usage: record in writing; enter into a book of names or events or transactions
- 2. file, register, register
- usage: record in a public office or in a court of law; "file for divorce"; "file a complaint"
- 3. register, enroll, inscribe, enter, enrol, recruit
- usage: enroll to vote; "register for an election"
- 4. record, register
- usage: be aware of; "Did you register any change when I pressed the button?"
- 5. read, register, show, record, indicate
- usage: indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
- 6. cross-file, register, campaign, run
- usage: have one's name listed as a candidate for several parties
- 7. register, show, show up
- usage: show in one's face; "Her surprise did not register"
- 8. register, play
- usage: manipulate the registers of an organ
- 9. register, mail, post, send
- usage: send by registered mail; "I'd like to register this letter"
- 10. register, affect
- usage: enter into someone's consciousness; "Did this event register in your parents' minds?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. registered (vs. unregistered)
- usage: (of animals) officially recorded with or certified by a recognized breed association; especially in a stud book; "a registered Percheron"
- 2. registered (vs. unregistered), certified, qualified, recorded
- usage: listed or recorded officially; "record is made of `registered mail' at each point on its route to assure safe delivery"; "registered bonds"
- 3. registered, documented (vs. undocumented)
- usage: (of a boat or vessel) furnished with necessary official documents specifying ownership etc
All rights reserved.
See also: registered (Dictionary)