- 1. regress, reasoning backward, reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- usage: the reasoning involved when you assume the conclusion is true and reason backward to the evidence
- 2. regression, regress, reversion, retrogression, retroversion, reversal
- usage: returning to a former state
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. regress, change
- usage: go back to a statistical means
- 2. revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules"
- 3. regress, retrograde, retrogress, worsen, decline
- usage: get worse or fall back to a previous condition
- 4. relapse, lapse, recidivate, regress, retrogress, fall back, revert, return, retrovert, regress, turn back
- usage: go back to bad behavior; "Those who recidivate are often minor criminals"
All rights reserved.
See also: regress (Dictionary)