WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. arrested development, fixation, infantile fixation, regression, abnormality, abnormalcy
- usage: an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
- 2. regression, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism in which you flee from reality by assuming a more infantile state
- 3. regression, simple regression, regression toward the mean, statistical regression, statistical method, statistical procedure
- usage: the relation between selected values of x and observed values of y (from which the most probable value of y can be predicted for any value of x)
- 4. regression, regress, reversion, retrogression, retroversion, reversal
- usage: returning to a former state
All rights reserved.
See also: regression (Dictionary)