- 1. sorrow, regret, rue, ruefulness, sadness, unhappiness
- usage: sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment; "he drank to drown his sorrows"; "he wrote a note expressing his regret"; "to his rue, the error cost him the game"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. repent, regret, rue, feel, experience
- usage: feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
- 2. regret, miss
- usage: feel sad about the loss or absence of
- 3. regret, refuse, decline
- usage: decline formally or politely; "I regret I can't come to the party"
- 4. regret, inform
- usage: express with regret; "I regret to say that you did not gain admission to Harvard"
All rights reserved.
See also: regret (Dictionary)