Synonyms of related
- 1. associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- 2. refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: be relevant to; "There were lots of questions referring to her talk"; "My remark pertained to your earlier comments"
- 3. relate, tell, narrate, recount, recite
- usage: give an account of; "The witness related the events"
- 4. relate, interrelate, be
- usage: be in a relationship with; "How are these two observations related?"
- 5. relate, interact
- usage: have or establish a relationship to; "She relates well to her peers"
- 1. related (vs. unrelated), related to, affiliated, attached, connected, age-related, bound up, cognate, connate, cognate, coreferent, correlative, correlate, correlated, corresponding, side by side
- usage: being connected either logically or causally or by shared characteristics ; "painting and the related arts"; "school-related activities"; "related to micelle formation is the...ability of detergent actives to congregate at oil-water interfaces"
- 2. related (vs. unrelated), affinal, affine, agnate, agnatic, paternal, akin(predicate), blood-related, cognate, consanguine, consanguineous, consanguineal, kin(predicate), allied, descendant, descendent, enate, enatic, maternal(predicate), kindred, collateral#1, indirect, lineal#1, direct
- usage: connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of related (Dictionary)