WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. relation, abstraction, abstract entity
- usage: an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- 2. sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: the act of sexual procreation between a man and a woman; the man's penis is inserted into the woman's vagina and excited until orgasm and ejaculation occur
- 3. relative, relation, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
- 4. relation, telling, recounting, narration, recital, yarn
- usage: an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
- 5. relation back, relation, legal principle, judicial principle, judicial doctrine
- usage: (law) the principle that an act done at a later time is deemed by law to have occurred at an earlier time; "his attorney argued for the relation back of the amended complaint to the time the initial complaint was filed"
- 6. relation, dealings, traffic
- usage: (usually plural) mutual dealings or connections among persons or groups; "international relations"
All rights reserved.
See also: relation (Dictionary)