- 1. relative, relation, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
- 2. relative, congener, congenator, congeneric, organism, being
- usage: an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. relative (vs. absolute), comparative, relational
- usage: estimated by comparison; not absolute or complete; "a relative stranger"
- 2. proportional, relative, proportionate (vs. disproportionate)
- usage: properly related in size or degree or other measurable characteristics; usually followed by `to'; "the punishment ought to be proportional to the crime"; "earnings relative to production"
All rights reserved.
See also: relative (Dictionary)