- 1. relay, passage, handing over
- usage: the act of passing something along from one person or group to another; "the relay was successful"
- 2. relay, shift
- usage: a crew of workers who relieve another crew
- 3. relay, team
- usage: a fresh team to relieve weary draft animals
- 4. relay, relay race, race
- usage: a race between teams; each member runs or swims part of the distance
- 5. relay, electrical relay, electrical device
- usage: electrical device such that current flowing through it in one circuit can switch on and off a current in a second circuit
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. relay, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: pass along; "Please relay the news to the villagers"
- 2. relay, operate, control
- usage: control or operate by relay
All rights reserved.
See also: relay (Dictionary)