WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reliable (vs. unreliable), dependable (vs. undependable), certain, sure, tested, time-tested, tried, tried and true, undeviating, trustworthy#1, trusty
- usage: worthy of reliance or trust; "a reliable source of information"; "a dependable worker"
- 2. dependable, honest, reliable, true(predicate), trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty
- usage: worthy of being depended on; "a dependable worker"; "an honest working stiff"; "a reliable sourcSFLe of information"; "he was true to his word"; "I would be true for there are those who trust me"
- 3. authentic, reliable, trustworthy (vs. untrustworthy), trusty
- usage: conforming to fact and therefore worthy of belief; "an authentic account by an eyewitness"; "reliable information"
All rights reserved.
See also: reliable (Dictionary)