Synonyms of relinquish
- 1. release, relinquish, resign, free, give up, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
- 2. waive, relinquish, forgo, forego, foreswear, dispense with
- usage: do without or cease to hold or adhere to; "We are dispensing with formalities"; "relinquish the old ideas"
- 3. foreswear, renounce, quit, relinquish, abandon, give up
- usage: turn away from; give up; "I am foreswearing women forever"
- 4. let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: release, as from one's grip; "Let go of the door handle, please!"; "relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of relinquish (Dictionary)