- 1. remainder, balance, residual, residue, residuum, rest, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: something left after other parts have been taken away; "there was no remainder"; "he threw away the rest"; "he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
- 2. remainder, number
- usage: the part of the dividend that is left over when the dividend is not evenly divisible by the divisor
- 3. remainder, difference, number
- usage: the number that remains after subtraction; the number that when added to the subtrahend gives the minuend
- 4. end, remainder, remnant, oddment, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. remainder, sell
- usage: sell cheaply as remainders; "The publisher remaindered the books"
All rights reserved.
See also: remainder (Dictionary)