WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think
- usage: recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection; "I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
- 2. remember, think of
- usage: keep in mind for attention or consideration; "Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
- 3. remember, think back
- usage: recapture the past; indulge in memories; "he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
- 4. remember, bequeath, will, leave
- usage: show appreciation to; "He remembered her in his will"
- 5. remember, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: mention favorably, as in prayer; "remember me in your prayers"
- 6. commend, remember, mention, advert, bring up, cite, name, refer
- usage: mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship; "Remember me to your wife"
- 7. remember, associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect
- usage: exercise, or have the power of, memory; "After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
- 8. commemorate, remember
- usage: call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony; "We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
All rights reserved.
See also: remember (Dictionary)