WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. remonstrate, object
- usage: argue in protest or opposition
- 2. remonstrate, point out, inform
- usage: present and urge reasons in opposition
- 3. call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
All rights reserved.
See also: remonstrate (Dictionary)