Synonyms of rendering
- 1. rendition, rendering, performance, public presentation
- usage: a performance of a musical composition or a dramatic role etc.; "they heard a live rendition of three pieces by Schubert"
- 2. interpretation, interpreting, rendition, rendering, explanation
- usage: an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious; "the edict was subject to many interpretations"; "he annoyed us with his interpreting of parables"; "often imitations are extended to provide a more accurate rendition of the child's intended meaning"
- 3. rendition, rendering, interpretation, performance
- usage: the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving"
- 4. translation, interlingual rendition, rendering, version, written record, written account
- usage: a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language
- 5. rendering, coating, coat
- usage: a coat of stucco applied to a masonry wall
- 6. rendering, drawing
- usage: perspective drawing of an architect's design
- 7. rendering, payment, defrayal, defrayment
- usage: giving in acknowledgment of obligation
- 1. render, make, get
- usage: cause to become; "The shot rendered her immobile"
- 2. supply, provide, render, furnish, give
- usage: give something useful or necessary to; "We provided the room with an electrical heater"
- 3. interpret, render, perform, execute, do
- usage: give an interpretation or rendition of; "The pianist rendered the Beethoven sonata beautifully"
- 4. render, yield, return, give, generate, produce, make, create
- usage: give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
- 5. render, deliver, return, communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across
- usage: pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
- 6. render, submit, give, gift, present
- usage: make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
- 7. render, return, give
- usage: give back; "render money"
- 8. hand over, fork over, fork out, fork up, turn in, deliver, render, pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give
- usage: to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
- 9. picture, depict, render, show, represent, interpret
- usage: show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
- 10. render, coat, surface
- usage: coat with plastic or cement; "render the brick walls in the den"
- 11. give, render, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: bestow; "give homage"; "render thanks"
- 12. translate, interpret, render, repeat, reiterate, ingeminate, iterate, restate, retell
- usage: restate (words) from one language into another language; "I have to translate when my in-laws from Austria visit the U.S."; "Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?"; "She rendered the French poem into English"; "He translates for the U.N."
- 13. try, render, melt, run, melt down
- usage: melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rendering (Dictionary)