WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. repudiation, renunciation, rejection
- usage: rejecting or disowning or disclaiming as invalid; "Congressional repudiation of the treaty that the President had negotiated"
- 2. apostasy, renunciation, defection, rejection
- usage: the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes)
- 3. renunciation, renouncement, resignation
- usage: an act (spoken or written) declaring that something is surrendered or disowned
- 4. renunciation, forgoing, forswearing, rejection
- usage: the act of renouncing; sacrificing or giving up or surrendering (a possession or right or title or privilege etc.)
All rights reserved.
See also: renunciation (Dictionary)