Synonyms of repair
- 1. repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation, improvement
- usage: the act of putting something in working order again
- 2. repair, condition, status
- usage: a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- 3. haunt, hangout, resort, repair, stamping ground, area, country
- usage: a frequently visited place
- 1. repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- 2. compensate, recompense, repair, indemnify, pay
- usage: make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- 3. repair, resort, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move, travel, or proceed toward some place; "He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
- 4. rectify, remediate, remedy, repair, amend, correct, rectify, right
- usage: set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
- 5. animate, recreate, reanimate, revive, renovate, repair, quicken, vivify, revivify, stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up
- usage: give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of repair (Dictionary)